I have to be honest, when I saw this recipe I didn’t think it would work. I mean, a hot fudge cake…. A cake that created hot fudge while baking! It’s pure genius, really! and I knew that not only my kids would like it, but my husband would like it – considering that he’s not a big cake person. He prefers brownies over cake. But when he saw this recipe, he begged me to make it… And make it I did! I found this recipe from A Family Feast, Hot Fudge Cake – a delectable, chocolate cake with the right amount of sweetness!
Check out the recipe below and try it for yourself. If you love hot fudge like my family does, you’ll be glad you did!
1¼ c granulated sugar
1 c all-purpose flour
½ c Unsweetened Cocoa
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
½ c milk
⅓ c unsalted butter, melted
1½ tsp vanilla extract
½ c brown sugar, packed
1¼ c hot water (starting to boil on stove)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat the water on the stove until it starts to boil.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, 3/4 cups of the sugar, 1/4 cups of the cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Once mixed, stir in the melted butter, vanilla extract and milk until mixed well.
- Transfer to a greased baking pan (I used 9 in. glass pan).
- In a small bowl, combine the 1/2 cup of sugar, the brown sugar and remaining cocoa
- Sprinkle over batter.
- Pour hot water over the mixture, but DO NOT MIX!!
- Bake 35-40 minutes.
- Let sit 15 minutes to cool.
- Serve warm either by itself or with ice cream. We used cookies n’ cream ice cream!
This is definitely a hit at get-togethers, so save this recipe when you’re in a need for some yummy goodness that’ll wow your friends and family!