(Disclaimer: I received a SodaStream in exchange for a review. I was under no obligation to give a positive review. The opinions expressed here are 100% my own.)
My New Year’s resolution for 2014 was to make healthier choices. I started my own weight loss journey, portioning my meals and cutting out the junk food. So far, I’ve lost 16 lbs (in 8 weeks)…and it shows that I’ve been working hard on my control.
I have, however, had those cravings of chocolate, cakes….but most of all, soda. That has been the one of the hardest cravings to give up. That’s where SodaStream comes in. Have you seen them in your local retail store? They look pretty neat, right? Well, they ARE!! Learn more about their product below:
According to the SodaStream website, “The SodaStream system enables consumers to carbonate water and to flavor carbonated beverages at home as an alternative to purchasing pre-packed bottles or cans. This has many important benefits to the consumer including cost savings and no hassle with bottles.
The advantages of SodaStream‘s Home Carbonation System include:
- Convenience: No need to carry heavy bottles from the store. The SodaStream system is simple to use and requires no batteries or electricity.
- Environmentally-Friendly: SodaStream is an “Active Green” solution that minimizes the huge eco-footprint caused by the manufacture, transport and waste of plastic bottles.
- Variety: SodaStream offers over 100 flavors to suit everyone’s taste. Regular, diet, natural, fruity flavors, ice tea, energy drinks, sport drinks, tonic and many more.
- Space Saver: No need to store bottles of beverages or empty bottles for recycling in your home.
- Personalization: Make drinks just the way you love them… more bubbles, less bubbles, sweeter or lighter, even create your own flavor!
- Family Fun: The system is quick and easy to use. It’s fun for everyone and kids just love it!
- Value for Money: Great savings compared to pre-packed carbonated water and beverages.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: SodaStream drinks makers are of extremely high quality and include a money-back satisfaction guarantee.”
I personally LOVE my SodaStream. Why? Not only is it cost-effective compared to the leading soda brands, but it tastes really good, with fewer calories. I pick out any soda syrup I want and make soda right from my kitchen. My kids can even help me make it with ease.
My family and I decided to have a “Pizza Party” night last week…and what better time than to try out the SodaStream…and with the PERFECT meal. My son, Noah asked if he could assist me in making the soda, picking out the Kool-Aid and Cola syrups (so we could have a variety). Making the soda was easy: Just fill the SodaStream bottle with cold water (to the fill line), attach it to the Soda Maker, press down the lever 3-5 times to carbonate the water, add the syrup, gently shake, and enjoy! We had SUCH a great dinner that night, with the pizza and trying out the different flavors of soda. My husband and I loved the cola, while my kids couldn’t decide. They loved both of them.
Did you know this product is eco-friendly as well? Imagine all of the plastic bottles that the competitors use go to waste. With SodaStream, you make the soda RIGHT from your home, so you don’t waste bottles. That’s definitely a plus!
All in all, I love my SodaStream and we’ll keep using it from years on end! Be sure to check out their website, along with their Facebook and Twitter pages, to learn more about their products and promotions.
Have you tried SodaStream before? What do YOU think of it?